1) Potential to have great vegetables every weekend of the summer.
2) Potential to have all the boxes and packing material gone in the next couple days.
3) Potential to really have some bad sleep when I start the night shift due to the LOUDNESS of outside in the mornings.
Let me divulge.
1) Edmonds Museum Summer Market = Success!!
Although it was much more crowded than the Redmond market we have been to in the past, the Edmonds market had many more vendors and was more like a festival than just a shopping experience.
We got some great blueberries to make the Best Blueberry Muffins (which are mega delicious and calling me now from the kitchen), onions, green beans, and swiss chard. We got lunch at a gourmet falafel stand that included a falafel salad and gyro sandwich. I have to crown it as the best falafel I have had hands down. Crispy, hot, and amazing flavor combination.
Although it is a bit of a drive, this market is the closest to us and Edmonds itself has great views of pudget sound that I would not want to miss on the weekends that we are free! So YAY potentially a great weekly market for us!
| Vendors at Edmonds Museum Summer Market |
| View of the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains |
| Falafel Salad and Gyro Sandwich! |
| Muffins we made with market blueberries! |
2) We cleaned out our guest room which had all the packing material from our cross country move. That includes 20+ broken down boxes and at least 7 trashbags full of packing material. Although it is now not in the guest bedroom, it is now in the guest bathroom awaiting new ownership. We had a suggestion to put it on craigslist for free, and we got a bite this morning! I doubt the person will be able to take all of it due to their wishing to transport all this in an Impala, but it will be gone even if I have to post some of it again! So, YAY potentially a packing remnants free apartment!!
3) I conclude with a worry. This worry can be shared through the watching of the following video. Though our location is great, being near a clubhouse has its downfall including quite a few trucks pulling in daily and having obnoxious back up beeps! Wait, beep isn't the word. How about blaring honks? To add to this, and i know it will not be permanent, but there has been construction on the roads around apartment since we moved in. This means JACKHAMMERRRRRRRRRRRR sounds. I could not spell it in small letters with only one r, because it is way more obnoxious than a small letter one r "jackhammer." This is a great way to wake me up to start the day as a little ol' housewife, but my mind wanders to the time in the near future that I will be in deep REM sleep at this point in the morning after a night shift. So hmm...the potential to be one grumpy night shift nurse drifts in the air.
I hope you're saving your pennies! We have enough of Tom's weird movies to keep you occupied from the noise (I just went through them recently with lots of blinking, shakes of the head, and puzzled looks), and a grill for the patio coming to take the "if you can't beat them, join them" approach to the JACKHAMMERRRRR. GO northWEST YOUNG PEOPLE (and young people at heart)!
Oh the potential washINgton.
No comments:
Post a Comment