Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weirdness Ooze

I can't help it people, most of the time weirdness just oozes out of me and I can't stop it.

I say this not only because of my normal demeanor, but because I can't just let a project go un-weirded.  Weird videos were made in high school marketing class and even at birthday parties <in love with a fish? what?> (though unfortunately I don't have those files to show you). I headed a bad YMCA parody for a personal finance project at Purdue (I think you'll agree "project" was a loose term:

 Ok, this one was not my best work...but the "bum" thing was kind of funny, was it not?


You can only imagine where this weirdness got me when I was a long-term biology substitute teacher teaching freshman through seniors in high school.  Right to the capital of Eye Rolling, USA that's where it got me.  I showed them a hilariously dorky video I found about photosynthesis (robot type voice 'Pho-to-syn-thes-is. It's changing! Pho-to-syn-thes-is. Rearranging!') on a type of teachers youtube and everyone was just annoyed.  My wit was wasted on kids that couldn't do a paper without the marriage of copy and paste + wikipedia. 

Weirdness then followed me to nursing school, where I made up a media campaign about our pizza party incentive for a community project.  I sent several videos like the ones below to the whole school (less than 100 people, don't get too excited). You know how many people said something to us independently about them? Next to null. Good humor wasted once more, my friends!

 This was the video we presented when debuting our pizza party incentive.  Crickets were audible afterwards...

 Pizzalicious? Come on, brilliant!

Weirdness even had a hand in the wedding.  One day, when driving to Mt. Vernon from Lafayette, I thought about how I was going to ask my friends to be my bridesmaids.  I put my ipod on shuffle to get some inspiration and somehow Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" made the cut.  My friend Kristin and I made the following video out of the blue that night with my Mom's 1980s wedding dress.  You can judge me for my weirdness, just don't judge me for that awful blond hair.  This video has only been seen by a select few.  When I showed it to Tom (after I had sent it to all the bridesmaids), he looked more embarrassed than I had ever seen him.  When he couldn't really look me in the eye afterward I was a little afraid that he was going to break it all off.  I have kept it hidden for a couple years now, not sure when the right time would be to reveal. I guess now is as good of time as any. Here it is, faithful blog reading folk.


Why do I mention all these embarrassing expressions of dorkiness?  I am in the middle of putting together a presentation for work that I will need to present to coworkers on my floor in order to get reimbursed for a 12-Lead ECG class I took this summer.  I am trying so hard to restrain! So hard! Luckily for everyone else, I have to make it really short due to time constraints.  Maybe a sing and dance along to an original "ECG Slide "song would have been fun if there was more time, but alas there won't be.  I'm not going to promise there won't be a little jingle about ST depression and elevation added in somewhere, though. I'm not that strong to completely control the weirdness ooze!


Weird washINgton.


No comments:

Post a Comment